3 min read
Here are five things you may have missed on Twitter this week.
Apologies that there wasn’t a Friday Five last week. I was eating my way around New York.
1. When the reality star with a big derriere and a child named after compass points released yet another photo of her naked body parts with the hashtag #breaktheinternet, Twitter responded with it’s own trending topic: #fixtheinternet.
— Superman (@SupermanTweets) November 13, 2014
— Kevin Gross (@BatmanR20) November 13, 2014
2. The Nation’s favorite weatherman, Al Roker, bested the Guinness World Record for longest weather report by staying up for 34 hours straight. Here’s Twitter with your commentary. #rokerthon
— Jim Cramer (@jimcramer) November 13, 2014
It only ended this morning but I already miss the #rokerthon way to go to Al, for supporting a cause like the USO!
— Kata Grosman(@Kata_Gory) November 14, 2014
3. This week, for the first time in history, a human landed on a comet. Twitter used to occasion to point out the less than stellar progress of humanity with the hashtag #WeCanLandOnACometButWeCant:
#wecanlandonacometbutwecant tell the difference between “your” and “you’re”
— Sam (@therealsamhf) November 14, 2014
#wecanlandonacometbutwecant live in a peaceful, equal world for everybody, free from prejudice, racism and hate.
— the family business. (@Vee_Roxx) November 13, 2014
#wecanlandonacometbutwecant make it more important news than a talentless woman’s backside
— Jon (@JoltJHT) November 14, 2014
4. People in some parts of the world reported seeing white flurries falling from the sky. I believe they call this snow. Twitter saw lots of snow chatter this week.
It’s snowing so the chances of me showing up to any social events in the future have just fallen below zero.
— Goddess of Mischief (@ShanaRose21) November 13,
“omg whys it’s snowing?!” we live in Indiana this happens every year why are you surprised — elexus (@elexuuss_) November 14, 2014
There are the people that tell us it’s snowing, and then there are the people that tell those people to stop
telling us that it’s snowing
— Kody Brown (@chodebrown) November 14, 2014
It’s snowing and this is unacceptable — keithlaw (@keithlaw) November 14, 2014
its already snowing in nyc i need one plane ticket please
— anna (@aaselfie) November 14, 2014
When it was snowing my grandma would sometimes say the angels must have dandruff. Grandma drank.
— Kevin O’Neill (@KevinBuffalo) November 13, 2014
5. Because there is a holiday for everything, today is National Pickle Day. Twitter loves a good pickle. #NationalPickleDay.
#NationalPickleDay Twitter is the only
— SouthernMigues (@annmigues) November 14, 2014
— Jodi Kodesh (@NBCJodi) November 14, 2014
Have a great weekend! Maybe have a pickle!